Orzo and Crispy Feta Salad
with zucchini, chickpeas, cherry tomatoes and honey basil sauce
30 min. | 502 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Zest the lemon. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Cut the zucchini into small cubes. Chop the shallot. Break the feta into pieces. Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
2. Cook the orzo Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the orzo 6-8 minutes until tender. Drain and rinse. Put in a bowl with the chickpeas, tomatoes, a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper.
3. Make the sauce Put the herbs, zest and juice of half a lemon, honey, oregano, 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar and 1/3 to 1/2 cup of oil in a container. Use a hand blender or food processor to make a homogeneous sauce.
4. Cook the zucchini Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the zucchini 4-5 minutes until browned. You can cook the shallot with the zucchini or leave it raw. Add salt and pepper. Add to the bowl of orzo.
5. Fry the feta Mix the feta with the cornstarch. Add a bit more oil to the pan. Fry the pieces of feta in the pan over high heat for about 2 minutes per side. Place on a paper towel.
6. Plate your dish Mix the orzo salad with the dressing and garnish with the fried feta. Add more lemon juice to taste. Bon appétit!
0.5unitFresh Parsley and Basil
What you need bowl, pot, strainer, pan, slotted spoon, hand blender
% daily value
% daily value