1. SetupZest the lemon. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Cut the zucchini into small cubes. Chop the shallot. Break the feta into pieces. Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
2. Cook the orzoBring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the orzo6-8 minutes until tender. Drain and rinse. Put in a bowl with the chickpeas, tomatoes, a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper.
3. Make the saucePut the herbs, zest and juice of half a lemon, honey, oregano, 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar and 1/3 to 1/2 cup of oil in a container. Use a hand blender or food processor to make a homogeneous sauce. Adjust seasoning to taste. Children are often interested in seeing a blender in action, take the opportunity to show them the ingredients that go into the sauce, they will be curious to give it a taste.
4. Cook the zucchiniHeat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the zucchini4-5 minutes until browned. You can cook the shallot with the zucchini or leave it raw. Add salt and pepper. Add to the bowl of orzo.
5. Fry the fetaMix the feta with the cornstarch. Add a bit more oil to the pan. Fry the pieces of feta in the pan over high heat for about 1-2 minutes per side. Place on a paper towel.
6. Plate your dishMix the orzo salad with the dressing and garnish with the fried feta. Add more lemon juice to taste. Let the children help themselves to their fill to develop their autonomy. Bon appétit!
What you needbowl, pot, strainer, pan, slotted spoon, hand blender