1. SetupSet the oven to Broil. Cut the carrots, the celery and the shallot into small cubes. Chop the parsley. Put 1.5 2P | 2.5 3P cups of water in a pot, cover and bring to a boil. Prepare 1 2P | 1.5 3P cups of milk. Cut the chicken into small cubes.
2. Cook the chickenHeat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken for 5-6 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Add the carrots, the celery and the shallot, and cook 2-3 minutes. Remove from the pan.
3. Make the bechamelAdd 1 2P | 2 3P tbsp of butter to the pan. When the butter starts foaming, add the flour and whisk. Add the milk while whisking until smooth and thick. Add the broth cube and mix.
4. Add the vegetablesPut the chicken and vegetables in the sauce. Adjust seasoning. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Transfer the mixture in a baking dish or in small ramekins.
5. Cook the polentaSlowly add the polenta in the pot of boiling water while whisking. When the polenta has thickened, add the cheese and mix until completely melted. Pour the polenta over the chicken mixture. Cook in the oven for 5-7 minutes until brown. Keep an eye on it.
6. Plate your dishServe and garnish with the parsley. Bon appétit! This classic recipe is very popular with children. The polenta might seem strange to them, explain to them that it actually comes from the corn cobs that they love so much during the summer. With the cheese in the polenta, everyone will be pleased!
0.5unitFresh Italian Parsley
4unitOrganic Nantes carrot (s)
0.5unitChicken Broth Cube(s)
What you needpan, pot, whisk, baking dish or ramekins