1. SetupPreheat the oven to 400°F. Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Rub the pork loin with the spices. Peel and cut the carrots in half lenghtwise. Chop the parsley.
2. Cook the orzoAdd the orzo to the boiling water. Cook for 7 minutes and drain. Add a knob of butter, salt, pepper and parsley. Keep warm.
3. Cook the porkHeat a drizzle of oil in a pan over high heat. Sear the pork2 minutes on each side until colored. Remove from the pan. Place the pork onto a baking sheet covered with baking paper. Cook in the oven for 12 to 13 minutes.
4. Cook the carrotsWipe the pan clean. Bring half a stock cube, 1/2 cup of water and carrots to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer 5 minutes until the carrots are tender and the liquid evaporated. Add 1 tbsp of butter and the maple syrup. Cook 7-8 minutes until the carrots are glazed. Salt and pepper if needed.
5. Make the sauceIn a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, horseradish and buttermilk. Set aside. You children might not like the sauce. It can be interesting that they at least taste it to discover news flavours.
6. Plate your dishSlice the pork loin and serve with orzo, glazed carrots and sauce. Season to taste. Serve each part of the meal family-style and let your children make their own plate. Bon appétit!