1. Cook the squashPreheat the oven to 400°F. Cut the squash in half vertically. Remove the seeds with a spoon. Cut the squash into slices of about 1 inch and place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Chop the thyme and put in a bowl with 1 2P | 2 3P tbsp. of maple syrup, a generous drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Brush the slices of squash with the thyme oil. Bake in the oven for 22-26 minutes or until tender.
2. Cook the quinoaBring a pot of water to a boil. Add the quinoa and cook for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Add the cranberries2 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
3. SetupChop the shallot, the garlic and the kale.
4. Cook the shallotWarm up a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook the shallot for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minute. Remove from the pan and put in a bowl with the remaining maple syrup, 1/4 2P | 1/3 3P cup of oil, salt and pepper. Add 1 tbsp. of balsamic vinegar if desired.
5. Cook the kaleAdd a drizzle of oil to the pan, if needed. Add the kale and cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add salt.
6. Plate your dishMix the quinoa with the kale and the sunflower seeds. Adjust salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with the squash, crumbled goat cheese and the maple sauce. Bon appétit!