Quinoa and Sweet Potato Enfrijoladas
tortillas garnished with a white bean sauce, sour cream, cilantro and shallot
35 min. | 843 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Cook the quinoa Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the quinoa and cook for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Drain, then place in a large bowl.
2. Setup Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into small cubes. Cut the tomato into small cubes. Thinly slice the shallot. Chop the cilantro. Drain and rinse the beans.
3. Cook the sweet potato Warm up a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the sweet potato with the spices, 3/4 of the shallot, salt and pepper for about 3 minutes or until colored. Add 1/4 2P | 1/3 3P cup of water and cook until the water has evaporated and the sweet potatoes are tender, for about 8-10 minutes. Remove from the pan and put in the quinoa bowl with the cheddar, the tomato, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Make the sauce Put the beans, the garlic, 0.5 2P | 0.5 3P of the crumbled broth cube and 1/2 cup of very hot water in a container. Use a hand blender to puree everything. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Heat the tortillas Add a drizzle of oil to the pan used in step 3. Heat the tortillas for about 1 minute on each side over medium-high heat.
6. Plate your dish Garnish the tortillas with the quinoa mixture. Serve the bean sauce on the tortillas and garnish with the sour cream, the cilantro and the remaining shallot to taste. Bon appétit!
4unitWheat tortilla 10in
398mlWhite Kidney Beans
0.5unitVegetable Broth Cube(s)
What you need Pan, Pot, Strainer, Hand blender, Spatula, Tongs.
% daily value
% daily value