1. SetupPreheat oven to 375°F. Cut the tofu into 1 cm slices. In a deep plate, mix 40 2P | 60 3P ml of olive oil and the spice mixture. Season with salt, to taste, and mix well. Add the tofu patties and coat well with the marinade. Let it marinate for at least 15 minutes, and up to 12 hours. Chop the cilantro. Cut the lemon in half. Cut the cauliflower into pieces.
2. Prepare the Vadouvan YogurtIn a large bowl, combine yogurt, the vadouvan and 15 2P | 22 3P.5 mL of lemon juice.
3. Make the spicy cashew nutsPlace the cashews on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes, or until golden brown. When removed from the oven, place the nuts in a bowl and toss with the Cajun spices. Let cool for a few minutes, and crush the nuts with a knife. Set aside.
4. Fry the cauliflowerIn a deep pan, add enough vegetable oil to fry the cauliflower. Heat the oil to 360°C. Once the oil is hot, add the cauliflower and fry a few pieces at a time, until golden brown, around 3-4 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with the rest of the cauliflower. Keep warm.
5. Cook the tofuIn a large pan, add a drizzle of vegetable oil and brown the tofu slices for 2 to 4 minutes on each side, or until golden. Alternatively, you can grill the tofu on the BBQ.
6. Plate your dishJust before serving, place the fried cauliflower into the bowl of yogurt and stir well. Place the cauliflower on top of the tofu slices and garnish with the chopped cilantro and the cashews. Serve immediately. Bon appétit!
6mlSpice Mix (turmeric powder,chili flakes)
2unitGreek Yogourt 2%
10mlCajun Spice Mix
What you needLarge saucepan, bowls, thermometer, skillet, slotted spoon