Salmon with Caponata Vegetable Compote
with orzo, Swiss chard and an eggplant, tomato and caper compote
30 min. | 611 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cut the eggplant and the tomato into very small cubes. Chop the shallot and the garlic. Thinly slice the Swiss chard leaves and stems.
2. Cook the vegetables Warm up a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the eggplant, the shallot, the capers and the garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add the tomato, 1 tsp. of sugar, some salt and some pepper. Add oil if needed. Cook for 5-7 minutes over medium heat until the vegetables are tender. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
3. Cook the orzo Add the orzo to the pot of boiling water. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Drain then mix in a drizzle of oil, some salt and some pepper. Keep warm.
4. Cook the salmon Add a drizzle of oil to the pan that cooked the vegetables. Pat the fish dry. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, over medium heat, the salmon for 3-5 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
5. Cook the swiss chard Warm up a drizzle of oil in another pan over medium high heat. Add the Swiss chard and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the stems are tender and the leaves have wilted. Add salt and pepper.
6. Plate your dish Serve the salmon with the Caponata vegetables, the orzo and the Swiss chard. Bon appétit!
What you need Pans, Spatula, Pot, Strainer, Bowl.
% daily value
% daily value