1. SetupBring a pot of water to a boil. Cut the eggplant and the tomato into very small cubes. Chop the shallot and the garlic. Thinly slice the Swiss chard leaves and stems.
2. Cook the vegetablesWarm up a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the eggplant, the shallot, the capers and the garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add the tomato, 1 tsp. of sugar, some salt and some pepper. Add oil if needed. Cook for 5-7 minutes over medium heat until the vegetables are tender. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
3. Cook the orzoAdd the orzo to the pot of boiling water. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Drain then mix in a drizzle of oil, some salt and some pepper. Keep warm.
4. Cook the salmonAdd a drizzle of oil to the pan that cooked the vegetables. Pat the fish dry. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, over medium heat, the salmon for 3-5 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
5. Cook the swiss chardWarm up a drizzle of oil in another pan over medium high heat. Add the Swiss chard and cook for 3-4 minutes or until the stems are tender and the leaves have wilted. Add salt and pepper.
6. Plate your dishServe the salmon with the Caponata vegetables, the orzo and the Swiss chard. Fun fact: Caponata is a Sicilian specialty of vegetables cooked in a bit of vinegar and olive oil. Made with eggplant, onions, tomatoes, celery, green olives and capers, this dish can be served warm or cold. Bon appétit!