1. SetupThinly slice the fennel and onion. Zest the lemon. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Remove the thyme leaves from the branches.
2. Cook the onion and fennelHeat a drizzle of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the onion, fennel with the thyme, 1 tbsp. of sugar, salt and pepper for 4-6 minutes or until lightly colored.
3. Cook the pastaCook the pasta in the pot of boiling water for 8-10 minutes until tender. Save 1/4 2P | 1/3 3P cup of the pasta water and drain.
4. Cook the salmonIn another pan, heat a drizzle of oil on medium. Pat the salmon dry. Season with salt and pepper. Cook the salmon for about 3-4 minutes on each side until the center is cooked through.
5. Add the spinachAdd the spinach to the first skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the cooked pasta, cooking water, sour cream and lemon zest. Mix together. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Plate your dishServe the salmon with the pasta. Add lemon juice to taste. Kids will enjoy having a wedge of lemon and watering their fish themselves. Bon appetit!