1. SetupPreheat the oven to 400°F. Cut the potatoes into medium-sized cubes. Grate the carrots.
2. Make the chimichurriPlace the herbs, maple syrup, 1/3 of the spices, the juice of half a lemon and 1/4 cup of oil in a container or food processor. Use a hand mixer or pulse until a homogeneous sauce is obtained. Add salt and pepper. Children are often interested in seeing a blender in action, take the opportunity to show them the ingredients that go into the sauce, they will be curious to give it a taste.
3. Cook the salmonMix the potatoes with the rest of the spices, a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Bake in the oven for 14-15 minutes. When the first 15 minutes are up, remove the sheet pan from the oven and add the salmon next to the potatoes and cover with the Chimichurri sauce. Bake in the oven for another 12-15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
4. Make the saladMix the arugula with the carrots, crumbled feta, almonds, a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Add 1-2 tbsp of apple cider or wine vinegar to taste.
5. Plate your dishServe the salmon with the potatoes, salad and some lemon juice. Bon appétit!