1. SetupPreaheat the oven to 400°F. Cut the onion into small cubes. Peel the carrot and cut it into small cubes. Cut the celery into small cubes. Cut the bread into pieces. Drain and rinse the lentils.
2. Start the stewHeat a drizzle of oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the sausage meat and cook 2-3 minutes. Add the onion, carrot and celery. Cook 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Cook the breadPlace the pieces of bread on a sheet pan covered with baking paper. Drizzle with a light drizzle of oil if desired. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until browned.
4. Add the lentilsAdd 325 2P | 480 3P ml of the tomato basil sauce, 1/2 2P | 3/4 3P cup of water and the thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Add the lentils to the pot, mix and adjust the seasoning to taste.
5. Plate your dishServe the lentil stew with the bread. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil to taste. Bon appétit!