in a tomato sauce with kidney beans, mashed potatoes and roasted Brussels sprouts
35 min. | 642 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Chop the onion and the tomatoes. Cut the Brussel sprouts in half. Drain and rinse the red kidney beans. Remove the thyme leaves from the branches.
2. Cook the sausages Heat a drizzle of oil in a big pan over medium-high heat. Cook the sausages for 3-4minutes on each side until brown.
3. Cook the potatoes Meanwhile, peel and cut the potatoes into small cubes. Put in a pot with salted water and bring to a boil. Cook for 12-15 minutes until tender. Drain and mash with a knob of butter, milk (as desired), salt and pepper. Keep warm.
4. Add the beans Remove the sausages from the skillet. Add the onion, tomatoes, thyme, a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes then crush the tomatoes with a potato masher. Add the beans, broth cube, 1 2P | 1.5 3P cups of water and the sausages. Bring to a boil. Simmer 7-9 minutes over medium heat.
5. Roast the Brussel sprouts Heat a drizzle of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the Brussels sprouts 3-4 minutes until browned. Add salt and pepper. Add 1/4 2P | 1/3 3P cup of water and cook over high heat until the Brussels sprouts are tender and the water has evaporated.
6. Plate your dish Serve the sausages and the sauce with the mashed potatoes and the Brussel sprouts. Adjust seasoning to taste. Bon appétit!
0.5unitChicken Broth Cube(s)
398mlRed Kidney Beans
What you need pot, pans, strainer, tongs, potato masher
% daily value
% daily value