eggs cooked in a tomato and bell pepper sauce with chorizo sausage, toast and smoked paprika
35 min. | 517 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Cut the tomatoes and bell pepper into small cubes. Chop the shallot, garlic and -parsley. Thinly slice the chorizo.
2. Cook the chorizo In a large pan over medium high heat, add a drizzle of oil. Cook the chorizo slices for about 3-4 minutes until colored. Remove from the pan.
3. Make the sauce Add the shallot, tomatoes, garlic and bell pepper to the pan. Cook 3-4 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Lightly mash the vegetables. Add 1 2P | 1.5 3P cups of water, the broth cube, 1 tbsp of sugar and 3/4 of the smoked paprika** and bring to a boil. Simmer over medium low heat for 6-8 minutes. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add the eggs Return the chorizo to the pan and mix. Make small holes in the sauce and add the eggs. Cover and cook 6-7 minutes over medium heat until the eggs are cooked.
5. Toast the bread Toast the bread slices in a toaster. Butter to taste. It can be fun to cut the bread into sticks to dip in the sauce.
6. Plate your dish Serve the eggs with the bread. Garnish with smoked paprika, parsley and a drizzle of olive oil. Bon appétit!
2unitCountry Style Bread
1unitFresh Italian Parsley
1unitChicken Broth Cube(s)
What you need pan, bowl, spatula
% daily value
% daily value