Spiced and Herbed Falafel Patties
with carrot and onion sumac salad, rice and a spiced tahini and yogurt sauce
35 min. | 660 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Grate the carrots. Thinly slice the onion. Roughly chop the herbs. Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
2. Cook the rice Bring a pot with 1.5 2P | 2 3P cups of water to a boil. Pour the rice, cover and cook over low heat for 10-12 minutes. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Make the patties Place the chickpeas, half of the herbs, half of the red onion, 3/4 of the spices, the garlic and 1/4 |1/3 cup of oil in a food processor. Add salt and pepper. Pulse until a homogeneous mixture is obtained. Put in a bowl, add the flour and mix. Warm up a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Form patties with the mixture, put them in the pan and flatten them slightly. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until they're browned.
4. Make the salad While the patties cook, mix the carrots with the remaining onions and herbs, the sumac, a drizzle of oil, some salt and some pepper.
5. Make the sauce Mix the yogurt with the tahini, the rest of the spices, 3 2P | 5 3P tbsp. of water, some salt and some pepper.
6. Plate your dish Serve the patties with the tahini sauce, the rice and the salad. Bon appétit!
2unitFresh Parsley and Dill
12.5gSpice Mix (cumin powder,curry powder,coriander powder)
1unitGreek Yogourt 2%
What you need Pan, Spatula, Bowls, Food processor.
% daily value
% daily value