1. Cook the pastaBring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta for 10-12 minutes until tender. Drain.
2. SetupChop the garlic and the shallot. Zest the lemon. Mince the basil and cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
3. Cook the vegetablesIn a big pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil on medium-high heat. Add the shallot, beef and spices to taste. Add salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
4. Add the sauceAdd the diced tomatoes, mash the tomatoes with a fork and add a pinch of sugar. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the sauce has reduced a little.
5. Make the salsaMix the cherry tomatoes with the garlic, lemon zest, basil, a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper.
6. Plate your dishAdd the pasta to the sauce and mix. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve and garnish with the tomato salsa and the Grana Padano. Bon appétit! Did you like our spice blend? Find it in the Cook it Pantry.