1. SetupChop the garlic. Thinly slice the green onion. Cut the carrot into thin diagonal slices. Cut the peppers into cubes. Drain the pineapple and keep the juice.
2. Cook the riceRinse the rice. Bring a pot with 310 2P | 430 3P ml of water to a boil. Add the rice, cover and cook for 10-12 minutes over low heat until the rice is tender and cooked.
3. Make the meatballsPlace the ground chicken in a bowl with the panko, half of the green onion, salt and pepper. Mix and make 3 small meatballs per person.
4. Cook the vegetablesHeat a drizzle of oil in a large pan on medium-high. Cook the chicken meatballs 3-4 minutes to color every surface. Remove from the skillet. Add the carrot and bell pepper and cook 4-6 minutes over medium heat. Add more oil if needed. Add salt and pepper.
5. Make the sauceMix the cornstarch in a small bowl with 2 2P | 3 3P tbsp. of water. In a small saucepan, add 1/2 2P | 3/4 3P cup of pineapple juice, the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, garlic and 1 tbsp. of sugar. Bring to a boil. When the sauce boils, add the cornstarch, whisking until the sauce thickens, then remove from the heat. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
6. Plate your dishReturn the chicken meatballs and the pineapple chunks to the pan with the vegetables and cook for 4-5 minutes covered over medium heat. Add the sauce and cook for 1 minute. Serve the meatballs with the rice and garnish with the remaining green onion and sesame seeds. You can also let the children help themselves to their fill to develop their autonomy. Bon appétit!