Sweet and Sour Pineapple Chicken Meatballs
with bell pepper, carrot, sesame seeds and rice
35 min. | 652 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Chop the garlic. Thinly slice the green onion. Cut the carrot into thin diagonal slices. Cut the peppers into cubes. Drain the pineapple and keep the juice.
2. Cook the rice Rinse the rice. Bring a pot with 1.5 2P | 2 3P cups of water to a boil. Add the rice, cover and cook for 10-12 minutes over low heat until the rice is tender and cooked.
3. Make the meatballs Place the ground chicken in a bowl with the panko, half of the green onion, salt and pepper. Mix and make 3 to 4 small meatballs per person.
4. Cook the vegetables Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan on medium-high. Sear the chicken meatballs 3-4 minutes to color every surface. Remove from the skillet. Add the carrot and bell pepper and cook 4-6 minutes over medium heat. Add more oil if needed. Add salt and pepper.
5. Make the sauce Mix the cornstarch in a small bowl with 2 2P | 3 3P tbsp. of water. In a small saucepan, add 1/2 2P | 3/4 3P cup of pineapple juice, the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, garlic and 1 tbsp. of sugar. Bring to a boil. When the sauce boils, add the cornstarch, whisking until the sauce thickens, then remove from the heat. Adjust the seasoning to taste.
6. Plate your dish Return the chicken meatballs and the pineapple chunks to the pan with the vegetables and cook for 4-5 minutes covered. Add the sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes. Serve the meatballs with the rice and garnish with the remaining green onion and sesame seeds. Bon appétit!
10gGrilled Sesame Seeds
2unitOrganic Nantes carrot (s)
What you need pan, bowls, saucepan, whisk, tongs
% daily value
% daily value