Vegetable and Goat Cheese Quesadillas
with bell pepper, zucchini, onion and homemade tomato salsa
35 min. | 487 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Thinly slice the zucchini into a half moon shape. Slice the bell pepper into thin strips. Thinly slice half the onion and chop the other half. Roughly chop the tomatoes into chunks. Zest the lime.
2. Cook the vegetables Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium high heat. Cook the sliced onion, bell pepper, zucchini with 3/4 of the spices, salt and pepper for 5-7 minutes or until browned.
3. Mix the goat cheese Mix the goat cheese with the cream until everything becomes homogeneous.
4. Make the salsa Add the tomatoes, the rest of the spices, the chopped onion to taste, the lime zest, the juice of half a lime, a light drizzle of oil, 1 tsp. of sugar, salt and pepper in a container. Use a hand blender and pulse a few times until you obtain a salsa texture.
5. Garnish the tortillas Brush the tortillas with the goat cheese. Fill half of the tortillas with the vegetables and fold the tortillas into half two. Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the tortillas 1-2 minutes on each side or until browned.
6. Plate your dish Cut the tortillas in 3 triangles and serve with the tomato salsa. Bon appétit!
2unitWhole Wheat Tortilla(s)
10gSpice Mix (paprika,onion powder,garlic powder)
What you need pans, spatula, bowls, hand blender, microplane
% daily value
% daily value