1. SetupPreheat the oven to 425°F. Peel and cut the potatoes and the carrots into small cubes. Chop the onion and garlic. Drain and rinse the lentils and the corn seperately.
2. Cook the potatoesPut the potatoes in a pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Cook 12-14 minutes until tender then drain. Mash the potatoes into a puree, mixing with some milk and butter to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Cook the onion and the carrotHeat a drizzle of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic and carrot for 3-4 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook 5-6 minutes. the lentils, tomato paste, soy sauce and half of the parsley and cook for 2 minutes. Season to taste.
4. Bake in the ovenPut the lentil mixture at the bottom of a baking dish. Add the corn then top with the mashed potatoes. Garnish with the cheese and the paprika to taste. Cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes until the top is golden. Bake at broil for 2-3 minutes if desired for more browning.
5. Plate your dishServe the shepherd's pie with the remaining parsley. Bon appétit!
100gWhite Medium Mushroom
1unitFresh Italian Parsley
What you needbaking dish, pan, pot, strainer, potato masher