White Bean and Bell Pepper Quesadillas
with spiced cheddar, spinach, tomatoes and avocado-lime sour cream
35 min. | 668 kcal | easy | | Printable version
1. Setup Zest the lime. Thinly slice the tomato and the spinach. Cut the bell pepper into thin strips. Drain and rinse the beans.
2. Cook the white beans Warm up a generous drizzle of oil, in a large pan, over medium-high heat. Cook the white beans with half of the spices for 3-5 minutes or until colored. Mash with a potato masher. Remove from the pan.
3. Cook the pepper Add a drizzle of oil to the pan. Cook the peppers for 3-4 minutes or until colored with some salt, some pepper and a pinch of sugar, to taste. Add the spinach and cook 1-2 minutes. Remove from the pan and put in a bowl with the lime zest.
4. Make the sauce While the pepper cooks, mix the sour cream with the guacamole and the juice of half a lime. Add salt to taste. In another bowl mix the cheddar with the rest of the spices.
5. Cook the quesadillas Garnish half of the tortillas with the white beans, the peppers, the tomato slices and the cheddar cheese. Fold the tortilla in half. Add a drizzle of oil to the pan over medium-high heat. Cook the quesadillas for about 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
6. Plate your dish Serve the quesadillas with the avocado sauce. Bon appétit!
398mlWhite Kidney Beans
2unitWheat tortilla 10in
15gSpice Mix Roasted Garlic and Peppers
What you need Pan, Bowls, Spatula, Strainer, Microplane grater, Potato masher.
% daily value
% daily value